How to tape your boobs up to get the look you want? This is something you might have been considering for different reasons, and each of these reasons will probably require you to go about it differently. Breast lift with tape is no wizardry, and we here at Reckless Love can give you the info you need to get started.
First thing’s first, let us list you a few reasons you might consider taping your bust and later on, we will discuss a few methods about how to tape your boobs.
- To reduce movement in situations when wearing a bra is out of the question (and to lift them of course).
- To flatten the chest area. You might want to dress up as a guy (you never know). Also, dancers sometimes use this to decrease movement.
- To create a more pronounced cleavage. It can help to create the illusion of a bigger bust.
WHAT TO USE?
Before we tell you how to lift your boobs with tape, you need to know that not all tape is created equal. Yes, that’s right. You don’t want to use store-bought duct tape (so, this is no guide on “how to duct tape your boobs”). For this exact purpose, you will need surgical or medical tape. However, you don’t want to use the paper-like medical tape, since its adhesive is rather weak and it’s not flexible enough. You can give the strapping tape a try too which is used in sports. The point is to get something that’s flexible and wide enough, like cloth tape for instance, since that will give the best results.
On the other hand, the options mentioned are safe since they have been designed to be used on the skin. Duct tape can be okay too, however, if your skin is more on the sensitive side, duct tape might not be for you. If you get a brand with strong glue to it, removing it can be pretty painful.
A solid, breathable cloth might be your best option because it will provide a much cooler experience and it won’t make you sweat as much.as simple duct tape. Furthermore, when you’re deciding what to get, make sure that it’s not noisy. Plastic tapes can make crackly noises when you try to hug somebody and that bust of yours squishes a little.
Some people may mention using masking tape, however, it might not be the best idea since masking tape is usually not durable enough and it’s papery, meaning it won’t flex well and you’ll also have to deal with the noise.
HOW TO LIFT YOUR BOOBS WITH TAPE – IF YOU WANT TO REDUCE MOVEMENT AND CAN’T USE A BRA
While taping is a method to lift, reduce breast movement, and support, however, there are a lot of no-bra options which have been out there for quite a long time now, and you might achieve better end results with them. There are special stick-on bras and breast lifting tapes you can get. These are specially shaped by applying them is easier.
If you still want to take the DIY route, take your time and practice it to get into the groove of things. If you want it for a special outfit, make sure to test it first to see how it will work out.
Which taping method you will use depends on what you’re planning on wearing. If it’s something that’s cut low, you’ll want to have your boobs taped separately. if you’re looking to create lift to them, hold them up as you’re taping while you’re leaning forward. Start taping low on them boobs and pull them upwards to lift them.
You can mimic tape for breast lifting by cutting the tape to a similar shape these specific tapes have and apply them the same way.
Try applying strips to create a bra-like shape.
You can also try taping on two bra cups with contour since the might help you achieve a better, smoother overall result than taping alone.
TAPING TO CREATE CLEAVAGE
Taping can also help you achieve a fuller and bigger cleavage than what is possible to get with push-up bras for women with smaller breasts. Since wearing a push-up is way more comfortable than tape, make sure you only use tape if you’re rocking something that otherwise wouldn’t go well with a bra.
To get the lift you want, you need to tape across the chest area in order to give everything a push-up. To pull that off, put support (like a pad) under your boobs to achieve that bigger and fuller look. It’s simple if you can pad one of your bras. If that’s something you can’t pull off, just use the padding and tape that on.
HOW TO TAPE UP YOUR BOOBS – TIPS
- If you’re also considering hiding the shape of your nipple, think about using nipple covers, but you can just simply tape your nipples over. If that’s your plan, you should use something padded to put under them. Cotton wool might do the trick. This way, the tape isn’t sticking to the nipples, rather it sticks around them.
- Try your best to avoid the tape getting stuck to sensitive parts – like your nipples. In order to combat this, feel free to use fabric, gauze, or even cotton wool under the taped area to protect those delicate parts.
- Be careful, when you’re putting the tape on don’t pull those boobs way too much, because it’s not that hard to create bulges and naked spaces of skin between tape pieces.
- If you’re having problems with lifting your boobs with tape, it might be easier to ask a friend to help you out. This way, you can use your hands to hold your bosom in the desired position and your friend can seal the deal with the tape.
- Don’t apply over damaged, broken skin or bad sunburns.
- If you’re afraid that the adhesive might cause your skin to get a reaction, make sure to do a test with a little strip of tape on yourself beforehand.
- Don’t use moisturizers or other beauty powders on places you want to apply the tape. These products will only make your job more difficult because the tape will stick less to those areas.
- If you tend to sweat a lot, you should know that adhesive tends to get loose when excessive sweating happens. If this would be the case with you, do your best to place the tape on areas which aren’t prone to sweating.
- Make sure that you clear your skin before taping up your breasts. Wipe them with alcohol to remove oils or dirt.
- If you have trouble getting the tape off, try having a shower with hot water or soak a bit in the bathtub
- If you’re left with residue on the skin after getting the tape off, just put a bit of baby oil on a ball of cotton wool to remove it. Just rub it gently and you will be good to go
As you can see, taping up your boobs isn’t hard you just have to use the right tape and make sure you’re not taping too tight. If you need more additional info, there are tons of tutorials out there which can help you achieve the effect you want. Just make sure to use the right materials.
How about more exciting topics about breasts? Looking to make them look bigger? Need some info about the connection between breast growth and oral contraceptives? Check out our blog section for the answers.