DIf you are having an issue getting it up or keeping it up, don’t worry, you aren’t alone. Many men in the United States and worldwide have complained or gone to a general practitioner concerned with their sexual performance, especially with men who are over 45 years old.
Currently, we live in a world where any health concern has some kind of natural or pharmaceutical treatment plan, including erectile dysfunction and the inability to stay hard during sex. Viagra is quite possibly the most well-known prescription that has done the trick for men, young and old, all over the world.
This article will explore Viagra, and answer questions like how does viagra work? What are the long and short term Viagra effects? How long does Viagra last? And, of course, who can take Viagra? Let’s explore these questions and more!
What exactly is Viagra?
Viagra, or Sildenafil, is a medication that allows for men to have a simulated erection for men who have experienced some degree of erectile dysfunction on a regular basis. Users who have prescribed Viagra, generally speaking, use the pill at the moment, and are able to have a proper erection that will last longer than normal.
Viagra is safe for most men, but should always be prescribed by a physician based on the health and wellness of the man who wishes to take the pill.
How does it work?
Under normal conditions, an erection for a man will occur when the penis is stimulated by arousal, touch, or contact. Muscles located around cylinder-shaped chambers of the corpus cavernosa allow for blood flow to rush in and create an erection. So the question remains, does Viagra make you last longer in bed? The answer is, yes!
When a man experiences any form of erectile dysfunction there is inadequate communication between the brain and nerves that disallows the blood flow from entering the corpus cavernosa. As a result of taking Viagra, the blood vessels become relaxed allowing for more blood flow to enter the corpus cavernosa and giving the man a rock hard boner.
How long does it take for Viagra to work?
One of the most common questions men have is how long does Viagra last? There are quite a few factors that come into play, and many of these factors are directly related to overall health and wellness of the man who is taking the product. Diet, exercise, and medications that are currently being used are two major factors in how long Viagra will last.
As for an answer that is blanketed and general, the answer is that Viagra takes on average 30-60 minutes to begin working, but in other cases, it can take up to two hours. Once aroused, and you will need to be aroused, Viagra can last between two, three and four hours before it starts to cool off! Some men even experience multiple erections within five hours.
What other factors affect how long Viagra lasts
Viagra isn’t prescribed to just anyone, and the range of time and effectiveness the pill has on an individual depends on a few factors described below.
- What is the dose? A higher dose will potentially increase the impact the prescription has on the body. Some of the smaller doses are in the 25-mg range, while other prescriptions are given at a much higher 100-mg dose. Your doctor will let you know what the proper dose is based on your age and medical history.
- How old are you? Now don’t get all offended, this is a serious question that a doctor will need to know in order to give you the correct dosage. The older you are, the slower your metabolism, thus, your erection might actually last longer. Go you!
- What is your diet like? Do you eat double cheeseburgers with bacon all day every day or are you a vegan loving salad eater? Depending on your diet, Viagra may or may not last long. If you are eating foods that are high in fat, Viagra can last longer if it is metabolized along with your meal.
- Do you drink alcohol? Drinking alcohol with Viagra isn’t suggested as it inhibits blood flow.
- What medications are you taking? Your medical history will come into play when it comes to taking Viagra or not. Some antibiotics will interact poorly with Viagra and change the way it interacts with your body. Some examples include erythromycin, clarithromycin, and ciprofloxacin.
- What is your overall health condition? Do you have preexisting conditions like diabetes, MS, or a heart condition? Viagra won’t last as long with some medical conditions.
- Are you diagnosed with any psychological disorders? High anxiety and depression can impact how well Viagra works. Likewise, high stress can increase blood pressure which isn’t healthy while taking this medication.
How long will it take for Viagra to leave the system?
As stated above, Viagra can last for some between two and five hours. The time it takes to stop working or leave your system is around the same time frame. For most cases, after six hours, Viagra will be completely out of the body.
All of these time frames depend on the dose you have been prescribed, your health, and of course, how fast you normally metabolize substances once they have entered the body.
What else is there to know?
Viagra isn’t for everyone, but it will help you last longer in bed if you have a diagnosed condition of ED or anything similar. Once you have a consultation with your physician, he or she will know how to best diagnose and dose you with Viagra or a similar medication based on your overall health.
If you enjoyed reading this article, read more like it on our website or head over and chat with our smoking hot webcam girls.